I turned my favourite Cantonese dessert, black sesame glutinous rice balls with peanut powder (擂沙湯圓) into a whiskey cocktail! Found in Hong Kong dessert shops like Tei Mou Koon (地茂館甜品), you’ll find glutinous rice balls with peanut powder.
To add the flavour of peanut powder to the drink, I used Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey! It doesn’t have the awful scorching heat that makes drinking whiskey intimidating. So it’s a win-win.
Black Sesame Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz @skrewballwhiskey
- ¼ cup Black Sesame Syrup
- 1 tsp Lemon
- 1 egg white
- Optional: black sesame rice balls or plain rice balls (tong yuen)
Black Sesame Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail Steps
- Black Sesame Syrup: Toast 2 Tbsp of black sesame powder until you smell its nutty fragrance. Grind it into a fine powder. Bring ½ cup water and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add black sesame powder and then let it cool
- Combine whiskey, black sesame syrup, lemon and egg white into a shaker filled with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass
- Garnish with rice balls/tong yuen.
Please drink responsibly!